A German Master Program for Vietnam
The global water, food, and energy crisis urges us to develop new ways of managing natural resources. Therefore, experts having a wide range of knowledge to analyze complex human-environmental systems and to develop appropriate solutions are in great demand.
The objective of the MSc “Technology and Resources Management” with focus ”Water Resources Management“ is to provide the students with the necessary skills to make an career in the sectors of water and environment.
The core modules of the program cover issues of sustainable development, management and international cooperation while the specialization on water resources provides a wide range of knowledge and practical skills related to water systems analysis, water management and water resources planning. This addresses the major challenges of safe and secure water supply, floods, droughts, water pollution, and irrigation.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a “made in Germany” master program in Vietnam
- A study program running in Germany for many years
- According to your first studies and your personal interest a focus on areas either related to engineering, natural sciences or management of water resources
- Field visits to ongoing international projects and programs
- Practical knowledge and computer skills with high demands on the current job market
- Soft skills on project management and leadership qualifications
- German MSc degree issued by the Cologne University of Applied Sciences (the course is based on the European European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and is accredited in Germany)
- The opportunity to go to Germany for one semester (not obligatory)
What do we expect?
- Academic background (minimum Bachelor Degree) related to: Engineering Sciences, Geo-Sciences, Natural Sciences - Life Sciences, Agricultural Science, Social Science
- A clear relation to “water resources” either from your first degree or from job experience
- be fluent in English (TOEFL 500 point or equivalent),
What are your perspectives?
- The M.Sc. program offers an insight into all important aspects of natural resources management with a focus on water resources.
Depending on their first degree and the focus set during the program and in the master thesis graduates will find job opportunities in:
- National and international institutions
- Projects of development assistance
- Private companies and consultancies
- Universities and research institutions worldwide
- Students acquire interdisciplinary, solution-based, analytical and practical skills appropriate to meet the demands by employers at all levels in both the public and private sector.